I use a variety of software and time and time again when I'm at work I find myself using this one quite a bit. The software I'm talking about is Portable Apps. Like it sounds, it is software on the go. It can be run from any USB Drive or even an iPod connected via USB. What would the advantage of this be? Say you need to print a word document at a friend's house... then you come to realize that your friend doesn't have Word or OpenOffice. You're up a creek without a paddle... right? Wrong! The very same USB Drive that you have the document on can now be used to run a portable version of OpenOffice. Pretty neat huh?

Portable Apps has a wide variety of open source software in portable form that you can choose from. So be more productive... and don't be stuck without your paddle.

http://portableapps.com/