There is a wealth of good software out on the web for free and people just don't know about it. Open Source Software is a great alternative to paying hundreds of dollars for something that is basically the equivalent to the freebies. Now, don't get me wrong, I use proprietary products all the time and I'm not saying that we should all stop using them, they are solid and good products. For people that can't afford software, or for those who want to support the people making free software, open source is the way to go.

Why am I making this post? Well, I have been doing research on the various software titles for an upcoming workshop that I will be teaching at work. I have put together a list of my favorite titles and programs that I think are the most beneficial. Open Source Software

Download and try the programs and let me know what you think!